I recently read an article that listed 8 red flags that you should watch out for when you start dating someone.
- You justify their bad behavior
- They don’t talk through issues
- They’re constantly testing your boundaries
- They have a massive sense of entitlement
- Something in your gut feels wrong
- Everything is about them
- They are overly critical about their previous partners
- You are constantly denied, criticized or dismissed by them
I have experienced at least 5 of these 8 things. I can’t believe that I missed these red flags. I think some times these things are subtle or they start happening slowly, so we just make excuses for them. Over time these things just keep happening over and over again. You began to get used to the way the person is treating you. It becomes the norm, but there treatment is still wrong. I wish I would have came across this article before I started my last relationship. I definitely would have been able to recognize that his behavior towards me was wrong a lot sooner. Now that I have this list, I will definitely be more aware the next time around.